Sunday, December 9, 2012

Painting

Painting - Interior/Exterior
 


 
The assignments for these paintings were simple; an exterior, and an interior. I approached each of them a little differently; the exterior was meant to be more realistic, while the interior is meant to be flatter, slightly graphic, almost cartoony. I didn't realize that I'd used the same purple/green/yellow pallette for both of them until I'd uploaded them here; they were done weeks apart and it was purely coincidence. I should also note that both of these look unfinished, compositionally; that was intentional, as if these were to be used as backgrounds, the animated characters would be the focal point (for the exterior, in the spotlight; for the interior, at the console and in the back of the tunnel).

In other news, now that the semester is pretty much wrapped up, I've got quite a lot of backlogged assignments ready to be posted, so I'll be updating the blog twice a week from now on, probably Sundays and Wednesdays.



No comments:

Post a Comment