Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Character Animation

Character Animation - Ball & Tail


(rough test version, final version without flashes of my hand unavailable)

Our first 'original character' animation was the Ball & Tail assignment. We had to design a character of the obvious nature, then employ principles of weight and S&C Curve into the animation. The ball had to perform a certain number of jumps and pauses, in perspective. Everyone's animation had its own quirk; I chose to make the environment interactive (which also gave me a first heavy test of multi-level animation). It was also my first use of smears (atop the elevating block).

This animation was also my first real opportunity to 'go wild' with it. The animation is much longer than required, simply because I didn't want to stop. Free time wasn't exactly abundant, and my other subjects probably suffered for it, but it was my first rush of simply enjoying animating, which is by far my favourite part of the program.
 
 
The rotating panel with my name on it was a a bit of a joke; my animation instructor insisted on each student's name being in the background, due to some students' poor file naming habits causing confusion about whose file was whose.


No comments:

Post a Comment